|P-ETSS1.1' OPERATIONAL GUIDANCE
New Features in Experimental P-ETSS
1. Extend the CONUS East Coast basin to cover Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands.
2. Upgrade Gulf of Mexico basin to cover a gap over FL caused by upgrading the East Coast basin. Also extending it to cover all of the Gulf of Mexico and the Yucatan Peninsula.
3. At 00Z, 06Z, 12Z and 18Z run ETSS 2.3 using 42 NAEFS ensemble members.
4. Have the models use an initial water level condition in each basin based on the average anomaly of the observations in the domain, (instead of using 0).
5. Operationalize station bias adjustment Post-Processing and image production.
6. Update the point station lists.
7. Have the models use updated and expanded BUFR tanks for observations thereby enabling the models to produce guidance at more stations with matching observations, primarily on the U.S. East-Coast.